ISBN 9780470290637 Published Aug. 2008
See all formats
Posted June 5, 2009 7:51 a.m. by todd-sattersten
In Information Technology - 800 CEO Read Blog
Everybody has been asking us what books they should read to understand social media. People are trying to make sense of this newly connected world. How does Facebook affect my business? Should I be tweeting? Do blogs still matter?
"Yes" is the answer to all three of those questions. Open a facebook account. Step up a search on Twitter. And for Pete's sake, keep in the blog going.
Books provide context. They examine the broader implications. I am not sure we have worked out all the broader implications and with the snail pace of books, publishing is just catching up with the product.
- The Cluetrain Manifesto by Levine, Searle, Locke, and Weinberger
- Naked Conversations by Scoble and Israel
- Groundswell by Li and Bernoff
- The Search by Battelle
- The Long Tail by Anderson
- Now is Gone by Livingston and Solis
- The New Rules of Marketing and PR by Meerman Scott
- Purple Cow and Meatball Sundae by Godin
- Always Be Testing by Eisenberg & Quarto-vonTivadar with Davis