Books by David Mattson
In this book you ll learn:
- How to excel at selling by confronting and overcoming the root cause of your negative behaviors
- Why self-control is a powerful weapon, and how it creates predictably lucrative relationships
- How to don your armor going into battle, and when you should relax and enjoy your castle
- Why you should cover your belly button and leave your inner child in the car during sales calls
The simple truths that lead to becoming and remaining a successful person are among the most precious secrets David Sandler famously unlocks for the highly paid and well-regarded sales representatives who are stellar graduates of Sandler Training programs. Now they are revealed for you to learn and use in your own business and career.
A remarkable and sometimes painful part of the process is uncovering the truth about yourself, including how your self-image was shaped sometimes carelessly and perhaps even cruelly. As you grasp the influence of these old tapes, you see how you have unknowingly sabotaged your potential for being at the top tier of sales professionals.
You may be astonished to discover what inner dialogue and even demons you now may choose to control and override. The results? You enjoy a significant advantage over those you seek to impress and persuade, and master a predictable way to reach and exceed your career, business and financial goals.
The enormous benefits of self-knowledge and imaginative new tools for self-management are at the heart of the challenging and exhilarating lifelong process of implementing the "Sandler Success Principles."
You Can't Teach a Kid to Ride a Bike at a Seminar, 2nd Edition: Sandler Training's 7-Step System for Successful Selling (Revised)Available in: Hardcover, eBook
The timeless guide to sales success has been revised to help you supercharge personal and team performance in a new economy
"People make buying decisions emotionally and justify them logically."
That shrewd insight from the first edition of this bestselling book has become a no-brainer among sales professionals. Now, the new edition of classic work that has helped millions of sales professionals take their career to new levels offers critical new insights, information, and tools for success in today's economy.
You Can't Teach a Kid to Ride a Bike at a Seminar, Second Edition retains David Sandler's classic, battle-tested advice on driving personal and organizational success by breaking the rules of conventional selling. And now Sandler Training's CEO, David Mattson, has revisited it to provide additional skills designed for today's highly competitive and more complex sales landscape. With this powerful guide, you'll learn how to:
- Take the lead in the "buyer/seller dance"
- Get the prospect to do most of the talking
- Have a process for answering questions from prospects
- Know when a prospect is shopping you . . . and what to do about it
- Move the relationship forward without becoming an unpaid consultant
- Master the seven steps of the "Sandler Submarine"
- Use LinkedIn as a prospecting and qualifying tool
- Establish an "up-front contract," or call roadmap, before your face-to-face meeting
- Use online research to turn "cold calls" into warm calls
Sales professionals and teams that follow these principles--and others outlined in the book--will transform themselves from mediocre performers into selling superstars.
This new edition of You Can't Teach a Kid to Ride a Bike at a Seminar is a potent mixture of Sandler's timeless techniques and best practices from the most effective sales operation today.