Books by Clayton Christensen
THE BOOK THAT'S CHANGING THE FUTURE OF EDUCATION
"A brilliant teacher, Christensen brings clarity to a muddled and chaotic world of education."
―Jim Collins, bestselling author of Good to Great
"A terrific read; it must become a blueprint for educational transformation."
―Joel Klein, former Chancellor of the New York City Department of Education
Studies in neuroscience reveal that the way we learn doesn't always match up with the way we are taught. To stay competitive―academically, economically, and technologically―we need to apply the proven principles of disruptive innovation to our educational system. Disrupting Class will show you how to:
- Help more students succeed through customized learning
- Meet the demand for new technology, especially computers, in student-centric classrooms
- Use disruptive innovation to circumvent roadblocks that have stood in the way of reform
- Compete in the global classroom--and help students get ahead in the global market
Filled with fresh and surprising ideas, outside-the-box strategies, and straight-A success stories, Disrupting Class will make you rethink your understanding of intelligence, reevaluate your current school program, and reinvigorate your commitment to learning. The future is now. Class is in session.
- Offers new ways forward to deal with curriculum, faculty issues, enrollment, retention, graduation rates, campus facility usage, and a host of other urgent issues in higher education
- Discusses a strategic model to ensure economic vitality at the traditional university
- Contains novel insights into the kind of change that is necessary to move institutions of higher education forward in innovative ways
This book uncovers how the traditional university survives by breaking with tradition, but thrives by building on what it's done best.