Books by Tim David
Times have changed and it's harder than ever to build influence. The world is getting better at ignoring you and your message is being smothered by all the noise. That's why influence is no longer about convincing people, but rather, connecting with them. In today's high-tech, low-touch world, human connection is the fundamental shift you MUST make if you want people to listen when you speak, buy what you sell, and follow where you lead. When persuasion is your goal, manipulation follows. But when connection is your goal, true influence follows. This book hands you the scripts, stories, tools, strategies, and framework that modern science has shown to be the keys to building influence the right way, with the magic of human connection. "Tim David has written a practical, real world guide that will help you become more persuasive immediately." - DORIE CLARK, author of Entrepreneurial You and Stand Out, and adjunct professor at Duke University's Fuqua School of Business "Tim David is fast becoming the go-to expert on human connection and influence. His book, TRUE Influence, is destined to become a seminal work on the topic." - JAMIE TURNER, internationally recognized author, speaker, and CEO of 60SecondMarketer.com "Influence is something everyone uses, especially salespeople. Tim David's perspective, sense of humor, and use of story makes this a great read-enjoy!" - TIFFANI BOVA, Global Growth & Innovation Evangelist, Salesforce "True Influence makes a compelling case that influence is at the core of success -- and not just for sales. If you're looking to champion ideas, inspire others, and make your mark on the world, then you need to read this book. You'll emerge with a clear 4-step framework for influencing people - and the confidence to give it a try." - RON FRIEDMAN, PH.D., author of The Best Place to Work: The Art and Science of Creating an Extraordinary Workplace
Years of experience as a magician taught Tim David that real magic is all about words, and the way they influence the minds of the audience. What sets a professional magician apart from an amateur are people skills like communication, influence, and engagement--skills that are also effective in the workplace. By applying seven "magic" words in a business setting, David offers tools for effective and persuasive communication. You will learn:
- The secret word that Harvard psychologists discovered is the key to unlocking human motivation
- How one very special word (spoken only inside your mind) mysteriously has a profound positive impact on those around you
- The number one mistake that managers make during 1-on-1's, and the one simple word that can fix it all
- What Dale Carnegie dubs "the sweetest sound in any language"
- How one tiny word can instantly change someone's mind for the better
- The single word that an in-depth study of thousands of hours of call center recordings revealed as the quickest way to reduce differences and calm people down
- How the infamous "But Eraser" works and why so many people mess it up
- The REAL magic behind the word "thanks"
The seven words:
Magic Word #1 - Because
Magic Word #2 - "Name"
Magic Word #3 - If
Magic Word #4 - But
Magic Word #5 - Absolutely
Magic Word #6 - Thanks
Magic Word #7 - Help