Books by Navi Radjou
A fresh and timely approach to nurturing wise, resilient, and flexible leadership in a world of growing complexity
Leaders tend to obstinately stick to the leadership style that brought them most success in the past, usually one of two extreme styles: functional leadership that focuses on operational excellence or smart leadership that focuses on growth. When a leader's focus is too functional, the organization becomes introverted and can focus too much on bottom-line profitability while missing out on top-line growth opportunities. But when leaders focus too much on smart leadership, the organization may experience quick growth but lose its effectiveness quickly.
From Smart to Wise offers a new approach that balances the two styles to achieve a form of wise leadership that is both functional and smart. Drawing on inspiring real-life stories of historical and contemporary wise leaders such as Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, and even Mahatma Gandhi, the authors identify six characteristics of wise leaders and offer a practical framework to help readers develop their own style of wise leadership.
- A timely and innovative approach to leadership
- Written by noted speakers who conduct dozens of keynote speeches and workshops, training thousands of people annually
"Jugaad Innovation is the most comprehensive book yet toappear on the subject [of frugal innovation]."
A frugal and flexible approach to innovation for the 21stcentury
Innovation is a key directive at companies worldwide. But inthese tough times, we can't rely on the old formula that hassustained innovation efforts for decades--expensive R&Dprojects and highly-structured innovation processes. JugaadInnovation argues the West must look to places like India, Brazil, and China for a new approach to frugal and flexibleinnovation. The authors show how in these emerging markets, jugaad (a Hindi word meaning an improvised solution bornfrom ingenuity and cleverness) is leading to dramatic growth andhow Western companies can adopt jugaad innovation to succeedin our hypercompetitive world.
- Outlines the six principles of jugaad innovation: Seekopportunity in adversity, do more with less, think and actflexibly, keep it simple, include the margin, and follow yourheart
- Features twenty case studies on large corporations from aroundthe world--Google, Facebook, 3M, Apple, Best Buy, GE, IBM, Nokia, Procter & Gamble, PepsiCo, Tata Group, andmore--that are actively practicing jugaadinnovation
- The authors blog regularly at Harvard Business Review;their work has been profiled in BusinessWeek, MIT SloanManagement Review, The Financial Times, The Economist, andmore
- Filled with previously untold and engaging stories ofresourceful jugaad innovators and entrepreneurs in emergingmarkets and the United States
This groundbreaking book shows leaders everywhere why the timeis right for jugaad to emerge as a powerful business tool inthe West--and how to bring jugaad practices to theirorganizations.