The Well-Lived Life: A 102-Year-Old Doctor's Six Secrets to Health and Happiness at Every Age
— List price:
— List price:
Books will be delivered on or around 04/02/2024
Dr. Gladys McGarey, a centenarian still-consulting doctor and the mother of holistic medicine, reveals "a story that teaches as much as it inspires" (Edith Eger, New York Times bestselling author), filled with life-changing secrets for how to live with joy, vitality, and purpose at any age.
Dr. Gladys McGarey, cofounder of the American Holistic Medical Association, began her medical practice at a time when women couldn't even have their own bank accounts. Over the past sixty years, she has pioneered a new way of thinking about disease and health that has transformed the way we imagine health care and self-care around the world.
On these pages, Dr. McGarey shares her six actionable secrets to enjoying lives that are long, happy, and purpose-driven:
- Spend your energy wildly: How to embrace your life fully and feel motivated every day.
- All life needs to move: How to move--spiritually, mentally, and physically--to help let go of trauma and other roadblocks.
- You are here for a reason: How to find the everyday "juice" that helps you stay oriented in your life's purpose.
- You are never alone: How to build a community that's meaningful to you.
- Everything is your teacher: Discover the deep learnings that come from pain and setbacks.
- Love is the most powerful medicine: Learn to love yourself--and others--into healing.
In a voice that is both practical and inspiring, Dr. McGarey shares her own extraordinary stories and eternal wisdom--from her early childhood in India and a chance encounter with Mahatma Gandhi to her life as a physician and a mother of six, to her survival of both heartbreak and illness. Dr. Gladys shares her inspiring vision for a healthier and more joyful future for us all, filled with "rich and complex truths that will resonate with readers' hearts and minds" (Dr. Robert Waldinger, New York Times bestselling author).