The Ballet Companion: A Dancer's Guide to the Technique, Traditions, and Joys of Ballet
The Ballet Companion is a fresh, comprehensive, and thoroughly up-to-date reference book for the dancer. With 150 stunning photographs of ballet stars Maria Riccetto and Benjamin Millepied demonstrating perfect execution of positions and steps, this elegant volume brims with everything today's dance student needs, including:
- Practical advice for getting started, such as selecting a school, making the most of class, and studio etiquette
- Explanations of ballet fundamentals and major training systems
- An illustrated guide through ballet class -- warm-up, barre, and center floor
- Guidelines for safe, healthy dancing through a sensible diet, injury prevention, and cross-training with yoga and Pilates
- Descriptions of must-see ballets and glossaries of dance, music, and theater terms
Along the way you'll find technique secrets from stars of American Ballet Theatre, lavishly illustrated sidebars on ballet history, and tips on everything from styling a ballet bun to stage makeup to performing the perfect pirouette.
Whether a budding ballerina, serious student, or adult returning to ballet, dancers will find a lively mix of ballet's time-honored traditions and essential new information.
"A superb reference book-all the information today's students need but can't get just by taking class-every dancer's library should have it." -- Angel Corella, Principal Dancer, American Ballet Theatre
Bulk Hardcover Non-returnable Discounts
|1 - 24||$23.96||20%|
|25 - 99||$20.96||30%|
|100 - 499||$19.47||35%|
|500 - 999||$18.87||37%|
About the Hardcover
Need 1000 or more?
Additional discounts may be available for print books. We also offer pricing for RETURNABLE orders. Please call 1-800-236-7323 or email us to request a quote.
If you would like pricing and availability on eBooks (25 copy minimum/US billing only), click the link below to send an email directly to our trusted digital distribution partner, BookShout.
Request a quote for eBooks
Other questions about eBooks can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.