Beyond Advertising: Creating Value Through All Customer Touchpoints
The fundamental relationships among brands, media, and people are being transformed, and just as we try to adapt, along comes a new disruption. Are you and your organization prepared to deal with today's unprecedented speed and scope of technological change? Beyond Advertising provides a business transformation road map for an aspirational future, based on the insights of more than 200 of the world's most forward-thinking executives, innovators, and academics all grappling with today's unique challenges and opportunities.
This book offers a concrete set of principles, including The All Touchpoint Value Creation Model, designed to lift us out of reactive thinking and encourage the co-creation of a future better for business, better for people, and better for society. Actionable steps include:
- Holistically orchestrate and allocate resources across all touchpoints
- Redefine expectations of success to align for multi-win outcomes
- Provide every stakeholder at all touchpoints a R.A.V.E.S. standard of content: relevant and respectful, actionable, valuable, exceptional experiences, and a shareworthy story
- Develop all touchpoints to maximize the M.A.D.E.S value of context: the complete person, the features of the delivery platform, the dynamic environment, and synergies with other touchpoints.
"If you need to convince others that it is time for a fresh look at the role Marketing should play in your company, hand out this book.”
- David C. Edelman, Global Co-Leader, McKinsey Digital, Marketing and Sales
“This book is a must-read for anyone who wants to be effective in reaching, influencing, and creating value. I think this book will be a milestone in the history of marketing communication."
-Philip Kotler, S.C. Johnson & Son Distinguished Professor of Inernational Marketing, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
“This is a compelling and necessary resource for any company executive seeking to understand our changed media environment and the implications of unprecedented consumer control of brands. With a call to rethink both organizational structure and process as well as the very definition of advertising, this book provides a valuable new construct for success.”
- Jennifer Rooney, CMO Network Editor, Forbes
“Beyond Advertising is not about advertising at all, it is about the way that the economy, business, society, and culture now work in a connected digital world. It gives tools and frameworks that help people and businesses succeed by looking at all the touchpoints that now exist, and most importantly, how they create new value as an interconnected, interdependent, and transparent system.”
- Nigel Morris, CEO, Dentsu Aegis Network Americas & EMEA
“The world of marketing is moving from Marketing to Consumers —> Marketing for People —> Mattering To People. As a result, the rules of brand building are being rewritten every day. This book challenges entrenched mental models, gives a great framework for developing new ones, and provides a road map for reimagining the world of marketing.”
- Stan Sthanunathan, Sr Vice President, Consumer and Market Insights, Unilever
“Beyond Advertising should be one of the go-to resources in the modern advertiser's toolkit. The diversity of opinion and insight presented throughout the project will force you to broaden your understanding of advertising and think critically and strategically about our industry’s future and how to prepare your brand for it."
- Gustavo Martinez, Worldwide Chairman and CEO, J Walter Thompson
Bulk Hardcover Non-returnable Discounts
|1 - 24||$24.00||20%|
|25 - 99||$21.00||30%|
|100 - 499||$19.50||35%|
|500 - 999||$18.90||37%|
About the Hardcover
Need 1000 or more?
Additional discounts may be available for print books. We also offer pricing for RETURNABLE orders. Please call 1-800-236-7323 or email us to request a quote.