Hacking Project Based Learning: 10 Easy Steps to Pbl and Inquiry in the Classroom
It's time to say Yes to PBL
Project Based Learning can be messy, complicated, and downright scary. When done right, though, PBL and Inquiry are challenging, inspiring and fun for students. Best of all, when project-based learning is done right, it actually makes the teacher's job easier.
Now, you can demystify project-based learning
As questions and mysteries around PBL and inquiry continue to swirl, experienced classroom teachers and school administrators Ross Cooper and Erin Murphy have written a book that will empower those intimidated by PBL to cry, "I can do this!" while at the same time providing added value for those who are already familiar with the process. Hacking Project Based Learning demystifies what PBL is all about with 10 hacks that construct a simple path that educators and students can easily follow to achieve success.
Hacking Project Based Learning provides a simple blueprint for PBL that helps you:
- Establish a culture of inquiry and creativity in your classroom
- Teach the kind of collaboration skills that harness dissonance
- Turn High Impact Takeaways (HITs) into a project based plan
- Create Umbrella questions that drive the project
- Build a Progress Assessment Tool (PAT) that helps students inform and assess their learning
- Use formative assessment throughout the entire PBL experience
- Seamlessly integrate direct instruction to enhances the process, rather than interfere with it
- Practice the patience that inspires a productive struggle, which leads to better understanding
- Teach and embrace reflection during and at the end of the project
- Publish work the right way, so all stakeholders can see it
Experts rave about Hacking Project Based Learning
"HACKING PROJECT BASED LEARNING is a classroom essential. Its ten simple "hacks" will guide you through the process of setting up a learning environment in which students will thrive from start to finish."
-Daniel H. Pink, New York Times Bestselling author of DRIVE
"Ross Cooper and Erin Murphy have researched PBL from every angle and offer practical steps to make the PBL experience highly beneficial to students because they are practitioners who use it. This book is a very important "How-to" for every teacher and leader who is interested in PBL.
-Peter DeWitt, author/consultant, Finding Common Ground blog (Education Week)
"The challenge for educators with project and inquiry based learning is finding the time and having the knowledge to implement effectively. Cooper and Murphy provide a much-needed resource that addresses both of these pain points in a concise, clear manner.
-Eric Sheninger, Senior Fellow, International Center for Leadership in Education
Are you ready for an amazing productive struggle in your classroom?
Start Hacking Project Based Learning today.
Bulk Paperback Non-returnable Discounts
|1 - 24||$18.36||20%|
|25 - 99||$16.07||30%|
|100 - 499||$14.92||35%|
|500 - 999||$14.46||37%|
About the Paperback
|Publisher||Times 10 Publications|
Need 1000 or more?
Additional discounts may be available for print books. We also offer pricing for RETURNABLE orders. Please call 1-800-236-7323 or email us to request a quote.