Miracles We Have Seen: America's Leading Physicians Share Stories They Can't Forget
Preeminent physicians in many specialties, including deans and department heads on the faculties of the top university medical schools in the country describe, in everyday language and with moving testimony, their very personal reactions to these remarkable clinical experiences.
Among the extraordinary cases poignantly recounted by the physicians witnessing them:
- A priest visiting a hospitalized patient went into cardiac arrest on the elevator, which opened up on the cardiac floor, right at the foot of the cardiac specialist, at just the right moment.
- A tiny premature baby dying from irreversible lung disease despite the most intensive care who recovered almost immediately after being taken from his hospital bed and placed on his mother's chest.
- President John F. Kennedy's son Patrick, who died shortly after birth, and whose disease eventually led to research that saved generations of babies.
- A nine-year-old boy who was decapitated in a horrific car accident but survived without neurological damage.
- A woman who conceived and delivered a healthy baby--despite having had both of her fallopian tubes surgically removed.
- A young man whose only hope for survival was a heart transplant, but just at the moment he developed a potentially fatal complication making a transplant impossible, his own heart began healing itself.
- A teenage girl near death after contracting full-blown rabies who became the first patient ever to recover from that disease after an unexpected visit by Timothy Dolan, the man who would go on to become the Archbishop of New York.
- A Manhattan window-washer who fell 47 stories--and not only became the only person ever to survive a fall from that height, but went on to make a full recovery.
"The remarkable stories from "Miracles We Have Seen" will stay with you long after you have put the book down. You will be moved to tears and share in the joy, and sometimes sorrow, experienced by the dedicated doctors who deal with life-and-death issues every day. Modern medicine goes far beyond technology; it is the human factor and the personal relationships that make all the difference. The resilience of the patients, the determination of the doctors and their medical teams, and the serendipitous timing of events that can unexpectedly change an outcome will leave you with a sense of awe and optimism."
Jack Canfield, co-creator of the "Chicken Soup for the Soul" series, and creator of "The Success Principles Series""
Bulk Paperback Non-returnable Discounts
|1 - 24||$13.56||20%|
|25 - 99||$11.87||30%|
|100 - 499||$11.02||35%|
|500 - 999||$10.68||37%|
About the Paperback
Need 1000 or more?
Additional discounts may be available for print books. We also offer pricing for RETURNABLE orders. Please call 1-800-236-7323 or email us to request a quote.