The Smarter Screen: Surprising Ways to Influence and Improve Online Behavior
Office workers spend the majority of their waking hours staring at screens. Unfortunately, few of us are aware of the visual biases and behavioral patterns that influence our thinking when we're on our laptops, iPads, smartphones, or smartwatches. The sheer volume of information and choices available online, combined with the ease of tapping "buy," often make for poor decision making on screens. In The Smarter Screen, behavioral economist Shlomo Benartzi reveals a tool kit of interventions for the digital age. Using engaging reader exercises and provocative case studies, Benartzi shows how digital designs can influence our decision making on screens in all sorts of surprising ways. For example:
- You're more likely to add bacon to your pizza if you order online.
- If you read this book on a screen, you're less likely to remember its content.
- You might buy an item just because it's located in a screen hot spot, even if better options are available.
- If you shop using a touch screen, you'll probably overvalue the product you're considering.
- You're more likely to remember a factoid like this one if it's displayed in an ugly, difficult-to-read font. Drawing on the latest research on digital nudging, Benartzi reveals how we can create an online world that helps us think better, not worse.
NEWS & OPINION: The 2015 800-CEO-READ Business Book Awards Shortlist
NEWS & OPINION: Inside the Longlist: Personal Development
NEWS & OPINION: Inside the Longlist: Marketing
NEWS & OPINION: The 2015 800-CEO-READ Business Book Awards Longlist
EXCERPTS: The Smarter Screen: Surprising Ways to Influence and Improve Online Behavior
Bulk Hardcover Non-returnable Discounts
|1 - 24||$22.36||20%|
|25 - 99||$17.33||38%|
|100 - 249||$16.77||40%|
|250 - 499||$16.21||42%|
|500 - 999||$15.93||43%|
About the Hardcover
Need 1000 or more?
Additional discounts may be available for print books. We also offer pricing for RETURNABLE orders. Please call 1-800-236-7323 or email us to request a quote.
If you would like pricing and availability on eBooks (25 copy minimum/US billing only), click the link below to send an email directly to our trusted digital distribution partner, BookShout.
Request a quote for eBooks
Other questions about eBooks can be directed to email@example.com.