Raising Gifted Kids: Everything You Need to Know to Help Your Exceptional Child Thrive
"While it can be rewarding to raise an extremely bright child -- quick, curious, sensitive, and introspective -- it's also a daunting challenge. Parents need insight into their own motivations (as well as those of their children), and the courage and ability to make tough decisions about their child's development. "Raising Gifted Kids" will help parents understand and cope with the obstacles they face in raising a gifted child, and help them make the best choices for their son's or daughter's growth and happiness. This upbeat and practical book reveals how parents can:
* help develop their child's potential and self-esteem without pressuring them
* plan their child's education
* work optimally with schools and teachers
* recognize and prevent problems
* solve family conflicts over parenting issues
* avoid the dangers of living vicariously through their child's accomplishments
* and much more
Filled with proven solutions to the unique challenges of raising gifted kids, this book is the powerful yet accessible resource parents have long wished for."
1 $16.95 9780814473429 No volume discount available.
About the Paperback
|Publisher||AMACOM/American Management Association|