Tribe of Mentors: Short Life Advice from the Best in the World
PRE-ORDER for 11/21/2017
When facing life's questions, who do you turn to for advice? We all need mentors, particularly when the odds seem stacked against us. To find his own, four-time #1 best-selling author Tim Ferriss tracked down more than 100 eclectic experts to help him, and you, navigate life. Through short, action-packed profiles, he shares their secrets for success, happiness, meaning, and more. No matter the challenge or opportunity, something in these pages can help.
You will learn:
- The three books legendary investor Ray Dalio recommends most often
- Lessons and tips from elite athletes like Maria Sharapova, Kelly Slater, Dara Torres, Tony Hawk, Dan Gable, and more
- How and why Facebook co-founder Dustin Moskovitz says no to most incoming requests
- The mental models of poker phenoms Daniel Negreanu, Annie Duke, Fedor Holz, and Liv Boeree
- The meditation and mindfulness practices of David Lynch, Jimmy Fallon, Sharon Salzberg, Rick Rubin, Richa Chadha, Sarah Elizabeth Lewis, and others
- The high-school loss that motivated actor Terry Crews for life . . . and how you can use the lesson
- Why TED curator Chris Anderson thinks "pursue your passion" is terrible advice
- Why renowned designer Debbie Millman believes in therapy but not in work-life balance
- How Yuval Noah Harari's Sapiens went from repeated rejections to global mega-bestseller
- The new beliefs, behaviors, and habits that have most helped cryptocurrency icons (founders of Ethereum, Zcash, etc.) in the last five years
- Why Arianna Huffington recommends that you regularly scramble apps on your phone
- The "bar complex" exercise that keeps country star Tim McGraw young
- Why bestselling author Steven Pressfield believes college students should drive trucks and become cowboys
- Why comedian Patton Oswalt wishes at least one catastrophic failure on anyone in the arts
- Astrophysicist Janna Levin's unique reframe that helps her see obstacles as opportunities
- Why actor Ben Stiller likes to dunk his head in a bucket of ice in the morning
- Why Dropbox co-founder Drew Houston's cheat sheet for his younger self would include a tennis ball, a circle, and the number 30,000.
Other mentors include Neil Gaiman, Ashton Kutcher, Dita Von Teese, Marc Benioff, Evan Williams, Brandon Stanton, Esther Perel, Darren Aronofsky, Steve Aoki, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Stephanie McMahon, Craig Newmark, Gretchen Rubin, Bear Grylls, Laura Walker, Mr. Money Mustache (Pete Adeney), Linda Rottenberg, Jesse Williams, and many more.
NEW RELEASES: Business Books to Watch in November 2017
PRE-ORDER for 11/21/2017
Bulk Hardcover Non-returnable Discounts
|1 - 24||$24.00||20%|
|25 - 99||$21.00||30%|
|100 - 499||$19.50||35%|
|500 - 999||$18.90||37%|
About the Hardcover
Need 1000 or more?
Additional discounts may be available for print books. We also offer pricing for RETURNABLE orders. Please call 1-800-236-7323 or email us to request a quote.
If you would like pricing and availability on eBooks (25 copy minimum/US billing only), click the link below to send an email directly to our trusted digital distribution partner, BookShout.
Request a quote for eBooks
Other questions about eBooks can be directed to email@example.com.